What you need to know about us
NorMinCoHRD is one of the regional health research consortia of the country under the Philippine National Health Research System (PNHRS). The consortium provides capacity building activities to its member-institutions as well as provide funding for approved health research proposals.
Northern Mindanao Consortium for Health Research and Development (NorMinCoHRD)
The Northern Mindanao Consortium for Health Research and Development (NorMinCoHRD) is one of the regional health research consortia of the country under the Philippine National Health Research System (PNHRS). NorMinCoHRD was established in 2008 through the initiative and support of the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD). The consortium is sealed by a Memorandum of Agreement entered into by the various national government line agencies (NGAs), state universities and colleges (SUCs), private higher education institutions (HEIs), hospitals, local government unit (LGUs) and non-government organizations (NGOs) that have shared goals in finding solutions to health and nutrition problems besetting the region through research and development (R&D) activities.
Currently, the consortium has 15 active member-institutions:
The primary objective of the NorMinCoHRD is to strengthen the system of collaboration in Northern Mindanao to develop and enhance the capacity of the institutions within the region engaged in and which have interest in health research, as a strategy to improve the health conditions of its people.
Specifically, the consortium aims to:
- Identify priority regional health problems for research
- Identify and implement priority research programs and projects identified as priority health problems.
- Develop and/or enhance health research and development activities.
- Establish a system of collaboration and resource sharing in undertaking health researches.
- Generate resources for health and health-related researches consistent with the national and regional research agenda.
- Develop capability in human resources, facilities and other infrastructure for health and health-related researches.
- Promote the utilization of health research findings.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for al health and health-related researches.
- Develop mechanisms and implement strategies to ensure long-term viability of the NorMinCoHRD.
A dynamic and responsive health research community working for the attainment of regional and national health goals.
To generate and use knowledge, innovation, technology, products, and services in promoting the health of every Filipino by strengthening linkages and creating and sustaining an enabling environment for health research.
Dir. Alfonso P. Alamban
Dr. Jose R. Llacuna, Jr.
|Position||Permanent Representative||Alternate Representative||Institution|
|Chair||Dr. Evelyn C. Creencia||MSU – Iligan Institute of Technology|
|Vice Chair||Dr. Heide R. Rabanes||Dr. Grace M. Paayas||Xavier University|
|Members||Dr. Arlita Amapola B. Minguez||Mr. Elmer C. Lopez||Commission on Higher Education|
|Dr. Alan P. Dargantes||Dr. Jose M. Obedencio||Central Mindanao University|
|Dr. Ian Christian A. Gonzales||Department of Health CHD-NM|
|Dr. Ma. Chona V. Palomares||Liceo de Cagayan University|
|Ms. Rosann S. Dime||Ms. Tricia Marie L. Antivo||National Economic and Development Authority|
|Secretariat||Ms. Ella B. Nadela||Department of Science and Technology|